Oggi è gio mar 28, 2024 10:36 pm

Scrivi un nuovo argomentoRispondi al messaggio Pagina 1 di 1   [ 3 messaggi ]
Autore Messaggio
 Oggetto del messaggio: Dopo di me il diluvio...Mizuno tra un anno in pensione!!!
MessaggioInviato: gio ott 21, 2010 9:41 pm 
Amministratore

Nissan GT-R: Godzilla's Godfather Speaks
We talk with Chief Engineer Kazutoshi Mizuno about the GT-R's Present and Future
October 18, 2010
/ By Bruce Newton

Immagine

Kazutoshi Mizuno Speech

Kazutoshi Mizuno is the chief engineer and program director of Nissan's R35 GT-R flagship. Speaking with him leaves no doubt about his passion for the project and his utter control over it. This is an edited version of an interview conducted at the Nürburgring the day the media first saw and drove the updated model. Mizuno spoke through an interpreter and in English.

Immagine

Do you feel like an expectant father when a new GT-R is revealed?

"Of course, I am really looking forward and I am very excited about it."

Immagine

Why did you feel it necessary to increase engine power?

"Maximum horsepower up is only a result. Actually better efficiency is the aim, so maximum horsepower is only one result. Efficiency of technology; so a little gasoline make good power, good consumption, good CO2 control."

Immagine

Did you target weight reduction as part of this program?

"This car is 10 kilograms lighter, so current car is 1740 [kilograms] and the minor change car is 1730."

Immagine

In the future is there more weight to lose?

"Of course, but more important is reduction of friction. So after this interview you try push GT-R with just one hand and it will roll. So overall friction, with gear in neutral, you can roll with only one hand. Already we have worked on the GT-R in the factory for three years and that makes more skill. Each year, better and better. So monocoque body-making, engine machining, suspension setting ... every day make more better. So every year less friction.

Is the updated model the biggest change before an all-new GT-R arrives?

"No, no, we continue with current GT-R for five more years."

What do you target going forward?

"Efficiency of the engine, about the transmission, too. I think we have enough speed in the shifting, but maybe it can be made smoother."

Considering the issues with transmissions in the past, does it need to be made stronger?

"No need. The issue that happened in the past was that they were damaged in the manufacturing process rather than having a design issue. The design has not changed since 2007.

What is your attitude about the GT-R being used on the track? The warranty was voided in the past.

"All cars are like that; they don't have warranty for track use. Yes, the GT-R was criticized for this, but it was a misunderstanding on the owners' part."

Would you consider developing a rear-wheel-drive GT-R?

"Maybe not. I want to develop a GT-R with better performance. If I develop a two-wheel GT-R it is fine in dry conditions, but in other conditions, no good performance. For example, Porsche GT3 RS, on a dry track it is a supercar, but on the wet autobahn maybe passed by Golf GTI. So for the future I continue to develop the four-wheel-drive GT-R.

So what about an electric GT-R?

"Ah, difficult question! For the future all the possibilities are to be considered -- electric, diesel or hybrid.

What about this architecture and drivetrain with a different body?

"It is possible to develop sedan; it is possible to develop station wagon; all possibilities already considered."

Would any of them happen?

"From a design point of view all of them are possible. Whether they become reality or not all depends on what Nissan wants."

How will you feel if the GT-R breaks the 7:18 lap time on the Nurburgring of the 911 GT2 RS? Will you enjoy breaking the record more considering Porsche's questioning of the GT-R's performances?

"Never under, I order to Mr. Suzuki! Under this time is no good, a little over is better! Because what they do for company pride we do for customer information. So under 7:18 is no good for us, for customers 7:21, 22, 20 is better for GT-R customer."

I struggle to understand. Surely the faster the better?

"No, because then maybe the customer don't believe, because the 911 GT RS is a special, special version with a cut slick tire. We using standard GT-R with production tire. If customer really believe Nissan is making a special car, then no good for me. We need belief of customer, it is a very important point for me. In my mind I am developing the GT-R for customer, not Nissan company pride.

I understand you retire at the end of 2011?

"Nisasn retirement age is 60 and I am already 59 years old. I love GT-R of course, but I am an employee of Nissan, and Nissan regulation is Nissan regulation.

What happens to the GT-R then?

"I don't know. Because I am in a position of responsibility I am confident of what happens. My policy is not for the company. I am working for the customers. When I retire who is going to replace me? What policy will he or she have? I do not know."

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/features/cons ... index.html

Profilo  

Oggetto del messaggio: Re: Dopo di me il diluvio...Mizuno tra un anno in pensione!!
MessaggioInviato: ven ott 22, 2010 5:37 pm 
Nurburgring lover

Caxxo!! :cry: Caxxo!! :cry: Caxxo!! :( :(
Questa non ci voleva e adesso?? Mizuno san è troppo simpatico e professionale!!
Mandiamoci il Benti.....al suo posto!!Aricaxxo!!! :(

Profilo  

Oggetto del messaggio: Re: Dopo di me il diluvio...Mizuno tra un anno in pensione!!
MessaggioInviato: dom ott 24, 2010 9:16 pm 
Nurburgring lover

No tu sei troppo brutto e cattivo!! :evil:
Mizuno san è come un buon padre di famiglia!! :mrgreen:

Profilo  

Scrivi un nuovo argomentoRispondi al messaggio Pagina 1 di 1   [ 3 messaggi ]